Wednesday, May 20, 2020

NSDC Evidence

In my NSD Contract, I have highlighted the titles that described the things I wanted to learn while undertaking a project of Installation and commissioning of IP CCTV Cameras and  Bio metric Access control, because it is my area of interest and I want to see myself in this field and do progress in upcoming future. While maintaining a blog and performing installation and commissioning of the devices, I have jotted down all the essential information, I have gained by learning  through plethora of online and offline sources. In the table below, I am explaining how I am providing the evidence of the things learned:

1. To gain valuable skills in Networking: 

Though I was a complete beginner with the networking field, I needed to learn a lot of concepts right from the beginning. Hence, I started reading some books on networking to gain that knowledge and complied the information gained in my blog under Networking section. The books I read for the same are referenced accordingly. I followed three books: Bruce Hallberg's, Networking: A Beginner's Guide; Joe Habraken's, Home wireless networking in a snap and finally, Douglas E. Comer's Computer Networks and Internets. 

2. To understand the fundamental concepts and principles behind Home Based Security Systems: 

I have carried out independent research through books, online resources and user manual to understand the working of Home security systems. I have individually learned the configuration of different devices like IP CCTV Cameras, NVR, HDD, Bio metric Access Controller and posted the details of them in my portfolio along with the steps I followed to make my project successful. Apart from this I have also did some R&D on the product to get the best out of it and explained it at Installation section.
 
3.  To adhere to the safety guidelines of the products while using them:

While working with the electric appliances, there is always a risk of accidental fire or short circuit or simply an electric shock. I have followed all the warnings, cautions and notices to minimize it. Therefore, now after completing the installation and commissioning, I can happily say that I am Safe and sound without any such accident.

4. Installation and commissioning: 

While doing the project, I had to do installation and commissioning of all the devices properly  ensure the proper functioning of the whole set up. Initially, when I started the project, there were a lot of confusions in my mind; however, by doing thorough study and researching I gained a lot of confidence and finally my end project is the evidence that majority of my confusions are now cleared and I can do this in future as well with ease. Under the installation section, I have put the links to explain the detailed working of each and every device.


With this, I am finally wrapping up my project but the things I learned while performing it will stay with me forever.

I also want to say thanks to the professors to guide me properly and always extending an helping hand whenever needed. The continuous feedback you provided, motivated me to make the project successful. 

Thanks.   






No comments:

Post a Comment