Monday, May 4, 2020

Installation of HDD (Hard Disc Drive) in the NVR


After the configuration of Camera, the next step is to insert a Hard Disc Drive (HDD) into the NVR. In my project, I have used a 500 GB Green Surveillance HDD of Western Digital to save the recordings of the Cameras into the NVR.  I specifically used this HDD, because it is different form the normal external HDD used in computers. This is surveillance HDD, which is specially made for 24X7 operation as the CCTV works 24X7 and it is built to prevent damage due to overheating problem which is normal in external computer HDD.

Below I am explaining the steps I followed to install it for recording purpose.

First image shows, the NVR of Make Hikvision, which I am using. It has three LED lights that indicates the Power, HDD and LAN connection with it. 



After that, I placed it upside side to remove the screws around its four corners and removed it.


Then again, I removed the outer housing, and the NVR looked like this from inside, where I palced the HDD of WD and connected it with the PCB(Printed Circuit Board) present inside the NVR through two cable one Blue one to transfer data, which is also called as SATA (Serial advanced technology advancement) Cable and an additional SATA conversion cable which is of three colour Red, Yellow and Black, as shown in the image, thats helps in converting SATA into some other connection type. Here it is used for Power, Whereas the blue SATA is for transferring DATA to and from the NVR. The same cable is also used in computers for saving and extracting the data.

                                        


Finally, I secured the HDD by using small screws around its four corners. 


Now, the installation of HDD is complete. And the removed outer housing is again placed back and the screws are again tightened with the HDD inside.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment